Skip to main content

Welcome to Tenbury Wells

 

 

Tenbury Town Council

Tenbury Town Council is based at The Pump Rooms in the centre of Tenbury Wells.

The Council has 13 members who are elected from two wards, St. Michaels Ward and Tenbury Town.

St. Michael’s ward elects 2 Councillors, Tenbury Town elects 11 Councillors.

Councillors take on specific areas of responsibility for Facilities (formerly Premises & Amenities), Finance, Planning and various task groups.

Town Council   Amenities button   Finance button
  planning button  
Town
   Facilities
 Finance    Planning  

 

The Town Council employs a Clerk who is the Proper Officer (a statutory post) of the council

.

The Market Town of Tenbury Wells

Tenbury Wells is a small ancient market town situated in the very north west of Worcestershire on the A456, close to the borders of Herefordshire and Shropshire.

Tenbury Round MarketIt is separated from south Shropshire by the fast flowing River Teme, which begins its journey in mid Wales.

Tenbury is 35 miles south west of England’s second major city, Birmingham, and 25 miles from the border between England and Wales. The town nestles peacefully in the beautiful Teme Valley that is under-explored.

The area is still largely unspoilt farming country and perfect for walking in the delightful countryside of the Teme Valley.

Tenbury had the ‘Wells’ added to its name in the mid 19th century to help promote the Mineral Water Wells that had been found in the town from 1840 onwards. The mineral waters brought about the building in 1862 of the now restored Tenbury Spa, or Pump Rooms as it is generally known.

The town is a good base for discovering other areas of the Teme Valley and beyond. It is close to some excellent walks and has variety of interesting shops. Tenbury lies in an area known for growing hops and cider apples. “The Town in the Orchard”.

Queen Victoria referred to Tenbury as ”my little town in the orchard” The affection could not have been more appropriate